Funded R&D for Ornamental Horticulture
Agreed Statement approved 21st June 2021
- “Following recent meetings with representatives of the GBLG, BPOA management committee resolved this week to confirm its support for the group in its discussions with DEFRA regarding new proposals for near-market R&D in horticulture.”
- “The BPOA confirms that it will continue to lobby for cooperatively funded near-market research with particular attention to the following:
- R&D strategy and programmes to be determined by grower members.
- Programmes to be efficiently managed and finances to be open and transparent.
- IP of research to be held by growers participating in the research programmes
- Matched funding should be sought from government where grower and government interests align.
- Government funding should be available for programmes in the national interest.
- Plant protection product approvals be undertaken with consideration for grower needs and the cost of provision of EMAU’s to be contributed to by those who benefit namely growers, manufacturers, distributors and government.